Product Lifecycle Obsolete
The models in this product family are no longer available.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX5052A evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested circuit board that contains a 9W flyback DC-to-DC converter. The circuit is configured for output voltages of +5V and +15V and provides up to 1.5A and 100mA of current at each respective output. Power for the circuit can be provided from either a +36VDC to +72VDC or -36VDC to -72VDC source.
High efficiency up to 83% is achieved using a single-transistor, flyback DC-to-DC converter topology. The surface-mount transformer provides up to 1500V galvanic isolation of both outputs. Low cost is achieved through the use of primary-side regulation while undervoltage lockout (UVLO), digital soft-start, and thermal shutdown provide for a robust 9W isolated power supply.
Operation at 262kHz allows the use of small magnetics and output capacitors.
Warning: The MAX5052A EV kit is designed to operate with high voltages. Dangerous voltages are present on the MAX5052A EV kit and on equipment connected to it. Users who power up the MAX5052A EV kit or power the sources connected to it must be careful to follow safety procedures appropriate to working with high-voltage electrical equipment.
Under severe fault or failure conditions, the MAX5052A EV kit may dissipate large amounts of power, which could result in the mechanical ejection of a component or of component debris at high velocity. Operate MAX5052A EV kit with care to avoid possible personal injury.
- 12V Boost Regulators
- 12V SEPIC Regulators
- Computer Systems/Servers
- Industrial Power Conversion
- Isolated Keep-Alive Circuits
- Isolated Telecom Power Supplies
- Networking Systems
- Universal Input AC Power Supplies
Features & Benefits
- +36VDC to +72VDC or -36VDC to -72VDC Input Voltage Range
- Isolated Outputs
- VOUT1: +5V Provides Up to 1.5A
- VOUT2: +15V Provides Up to 100mA
- ±5% (typ) Load Regulation for the +5V Output (150mA to 1.5A)
- 83% Efficiency at 48V Input and Full Load
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- 262kHz Switching Frequency
- Digital Soft-Start
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Designed for 1500V Isolation with Primary-Side Regulation
- Low-Cost Flyback Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested