Features and Benefits
- Low Power Consumption Minimizes Thermal Dissipation, Reducing System Cost
- 120µA to 500µA Quiescent Current
- Shutdown Current of 0.1µA
- Single 5V Supply Voltage
- Slew-Rate-Limited Drivers (MAX483/MAX487/MAX488 and MAX489)
- Up to 250kbps Data Rate
- Unlimited Drivers: Up to 2.5Mbps Data Rate
- Integrated Protection Enhances System Robustness
- Short Circuit Current Limited Driver
- Integrated Thermal Shutdown
- Receiver Fail-Safe for Input Open Circuit
- Guarantees Logic High
- 1/4 Unit Loading (MAX487/ MAX1487 only) Allows Up to 128 Devices on a Single Bus
- 48kΩ Receiver Input Resistance
The MAX481, MAX483, MAX485, MAX487–MAX491, and MAX1487 are low-power transceivers for RS-485 and RS-422 communication. Each part contains one driver and one receiver.
- Industrial-Control Local Area Networks
- Level Translators
- Low-Power RS-422 Transceivers
- Low-Power RS-485 Transceivers
- Transceivers for EMI-Sensitive Applications
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
MAX488 Reliability Data1/12/202326K
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.