Features and Benefits
- Automotive Ready: AEC-Q100 Qualified
- Integration Minimizes BOM for High-Brightness LED Driver, Saving Space and Reducing Cost
- Wide Input Voltage Range from 5V to 60V
- H-Bridge Single Inductor Buck-Boost Architecture
- Built-In Fast LED Current Limit During Transients
- Suitable for Dual-String Applications with Time- Sharing
- 28-Pin TSSOP with EP Pad
- Full Featured Dual String Driver
- Analog and PWM Dimming on Both Channels (EN1 and EN2)
- Analog Devices’ Proprietary Control Architecture
- Limits LED Current Spikes and Spike Duration in Dual-String Mode
- Flicker-Free PWM Dimming with Spread- Spectrum
- Dual Integrated pMOS Dimming FET Gate Driver
- Protection Features and Wide Temperature Range Increase System Reliability
- Short Circuit, Overvoltage, and Thermal Protection
- Fast LED Current Limit and Input Current Limiter
- -40°C to +150°C Operating Junction-Temperature Range
The MAX25603 is a synchronous four-switch, buckboost LED driver controller suitable for multifunction automotive combination head lamps. The controller regulates the LED current for LED string voltages from 0V to 60V. The MAX25603 can be used as a seamless buck-boost LED driver for applications that require an efficient buck-boost LED driver with synchronous rectification. The MAX25603 is ideal for high-power applications that require a current source with PWM dimming capability.
The device provides seamless transition between buck, boost, and buck-boost modes depending on the ratio of input to output voltage. The MAX25603 is ideal for LED driver applications in automotive, industrial, and other LED lighting applications. A fault flag indicates open LED or thermal shutdown conditions. The device uses Analog Devices’ proprietary average-current-mode control scheme and allows adjustable 200kHz to 440kHz fixedfrequency operation. In addition, ±6% triangular spreadspectrum is added internally to the oscillator to improve EMI performance. The MAX25603 provides both analog and digital PWM dimming in dual string applications with time sharing. A single device can be used to power a daytime running light (DRL), position light, high beam, and low beam in an automotive front headlamp. The MAX25603 integrates two high-side pMOS drivers for PWM dimming applications that require fast rising and falling edges of the LED current. It also features robust output open and short protection, is AEC qualified, and is suitable for automotive applications.
The MAX25603 uses Analog Devices’ proprietary architecture to limit LED current overshoots and overshoot durations during switchover in dual-string applications in time-sharing mode. In multistring applications in time-sharing mode, LED current overshoots during switchover between strings is minimized by an Analog Devices’ proprietary control scheme.
- Combination Automotive Head Lamps
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX25603 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX25603 automotive highvoltage, high-brightness LED buck-boost controller. The EV kit operates from a 5V to 60V DC supply voltage. The EV kit is configured to deliver up to 1A to one or two strings of 1 to 15 LEDs. The total voltage of each string can vary from 0V to 60V. The anode of the LED strings should go to LED1+ or LED2+ terminals and the cathodes to the GND terminal. Shunting FETs are provided to emulate a combination headlamp in which a single LED string can contain the clearance lamp (CLL), low beam (LB), and high beam (HB) all in one. Each can be independently turned on or off by shorting across the appropriate segments of the LED string.
- Combination Automotive Head Lamps
Features & Benefits
- 5V to 60V Input Voltage Range
- Demonstrates Use in Combination Headlamps and Multistring, Time-Sharing Applications
- Analog and Digital Dimming Control
- Input Current Limit
- LED Current Clamp Function
- Output Discharge for Faster Transient Time
- LED Short and Open Protection
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
Documentation & Resources
MAX25603 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.