Features and Benefits
- Current-Mode Control
- Programmable Switching Frequency Up to 625kHz
- Accurate UVLO Threshold (1%)
- Open-Drain UVLO Flag Output with Internal Delay
- 36V to 72V Telecom Voltage Range
- Universal Offline Input Voltage Range
- Rectified 85V AC to 265V AC (MAX17500)
- 9.5V to 24V Input (MAX17499)
- Digital Soft-Start
- Internal Bootstrap UVLO with Large Hysteresis (MAX17500)
- Internal Error Amplifier with 1.5% Accurate Reference
- 50μA (typ) Startup Supply Current
- 50% Maximum Duty-Cycle Limit (MAX17499A/MAX17500A)
- 75% Maximum Duty-Cycle Limit (MAX17499B/MAX17500B)
- 60ns Cycle-by-Cycle Current-Limit Propagation Delay
- Available in Tiny 10-Pin µMAX Packages
The MAX17499/MAX17500 current-mode PWM controllers contain all the control circuitry required for the design of wide-input-voltage isolated and nonisolated power supplies. The MAX17499 is well suited for low input voltage (9.5V DC to 24V DC) power supplies. The MAX17500 is well suited for universal input (rectified 85V AC to 265V AC) or telecom (-36V DC to -72V DC) power supplies.
The ICs contain an internal error amplifier that regulates the tertiary winding output voltage that is used in primary-side-regulated isolated power supplies. Primary-side regulation eliminates the need for an optocoupler. An input undervoltage lockout (UVLO) is provided for programming the input-supply start voltage and to ensure proper operation during brownout conditions. An open-drain UVLO flag output, with 210μs internal delay, allows the sequencing of a secondary-side controller. The input-supply start voltage is externally programmable with a voltage-divider. A UVLO/EN input is used to shut down the devices. Internal digital soft-start eliminates output voltage overshoot.
The MAX17500 has an internal bootstrap UVLO with large hysteresis that requires a minimum 23.6V for startup. The MAX17499 does not have the internal bootstrap UVLO and can be biased directly from a minimum voltage of 9.5V.
The switching frequency for the ICs is programmable with an external resistor. The MAX17499A/MAX17500A provide a 50% maximum duty-cycle limit, while the MAX17499B/MAX17500B provide a 75% maximum duty-cycle limit. These devices are available in 10-pin µMAX® packages and are rated for operation over the -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
- 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8 Brick Power Modules
- 12V Boost and SEPIC Regulators
- High-Efficiency, Isolated Telecom Power Supplies
- Industrial Power Conversion
- Isolated and Nonisolated High-Brightness LED
- Isolated Keep-Alive Power Supplies
- Power Supplies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.