MAX17409: 1-Phase Quick-PWM GPU Controller Data Sheet (Rev. 0)5/23/2009505K
Product Lifecycle Obsolete
The models in this product family are no longer available.
To find replacement products for this part:
Rochester Electronics and Arrow Supply Assurance have partnered with Analog Devices to source products that have been previously discontinued or have become obsolete.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX17409 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the high-power, dynamically adjustable, 1-phase application circuit for NVIDIA® graphics power supplies. This DC-DC converter is intended to either step down high-voltage batteries and/or the 5V system supply, generating a precision, low-voltage CPU core. The MAX17409 EV kit meets the NVIDIA transient voltage specification, power-good signaling, voltage-regulator thermal monitoring (active-low VRHOT), and power-good output (PWRGD). The MAX17409 EV kit includes active voltage positioning with adjustable gain, reducing power dissipation and bulk output-capacitance requirements. An internal amplifier buffers the DAC and accurately controls the slew rate for all output-voltage transitions, including transitions between VID codes, startup, and shutdown. Precision slew-rate control provides just-in time arrival at the new DAC setting, minimizing surge currents to and from the battery.
The MAX17409 includes output undervoltage fault, over-voltage fault, and thermal overload protection. It also includes a voltage-regulator power-good (PWRGD) output.
This fully assembled and tested PCB provides a digitally adjustable 0.3375V to 1.1250V output voltage (6-bit on-board DAC) from a 7V to 24V battery-input range. It delivers up to 14A output current. The EV kit operates at 300kHz switching frequency and has superior line- and load-transient response.
- 2- to 4-Li+ Cells Battery to Processor Core Supply Converters
- Graphics Core (GPU) Power Supplies
- Voltage-Positioned Step-Down Converters
Features & Benefits
- 1-Phase, Fast-Response Quick-PWM™
- Active Voltage Positioning with Adjustable Gain—Independent DC and Transient Control
- High Speed, Accuracy, and Efficiency
- Low-Bulk Output-Capacitor Count
- 7V to 24V Input-Voltage Range
- 0.3375V to 1.1250V Output-Voltage Range (6-Bit DAC)
- 14A Load-Current Capability
- 300kHz Switching Frequency
- Power-Good (PWRGD) Indicator
- Thermal Fault (Active-Low VRHOT) Output
- Output Overvoltage and Undervoltage Fault Protections
- 28-Pin Thin QFN Package (4mm x 4mm)
- Fully Assembled and Tested
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.