Product Lifecycle Obsolete
The models in this product family are no longer available.
To find replacement products for this part:
Rochester Electronics and Arrow Supply Assurance have partnered with Analog Devices to source products that have been previously discontinued or have become obsolete.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX1711 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the high-power, dynamically adjustable notebook CPU application circuit with voltage positioning. Voltage positioning decreases CPU power consumption and reduces output capacitance requirements. This DC-DC converter steps down high-voltage batteries and/or AC adapters, generating a precision, low-voltage CPU core VCC rail.
The MAX1711 EV kit provides a digitally adjustable 0.925V to 2V output voltage from a 7V to 24V battery input range. It delivers sustained output current of 12A and 14.1A peaks, operating at a 550kHz switching frequency, and has superior line- and load-transient response. The MAX1711 EV kit is designed to accomplish output voltage transitions in a controlled amount of time with limited input surge current.
This EV kit is a fully assembled and tested circuit board.
- CPU Core DC-DC Converters
- Docking Stations
- Notebook Computers
- Single-Stage (BATT to VCORE) Converters
- Two-Stage (+5V to VCORE) Converters
Features & Benefits
- High Speed, Accuracy, and Efficiency
- Fast-Response Quick-PWM™ Architecture
- 7V to 24V Input Voltage Range
- 1.25V to 2V Output Voltage Range
- 7A Peak Load-Current Capability (5.5A Continuous)
- 93% Efficient (VOUT = 2V, VBATT = 7V, ILOAD = 4A)
- 300kHz Switching Frequency
- No Current-Sense Resistor
- Remote GND and VOUT Sensing
- Power-Good Output
- 24-Pin QSOP Package
- Low-Profile Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.