Product Lifecycle Obsolete
The models in this product family are no longer available.
To find replacement products for this part:
Rochester Electronics and Arrow Supply Assurance have partnered with Analog Devices to source products that have been previously discontinued or have become obsolete.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX16927 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested surface-mount circuit board that provides the voltages and features required for display systems in automotive applications. The EV kit contains a buck converter, boost converter, Cuk converter, positive gate-voltage linear regulator, negative gate-voltage linear-regulator controller, DAC-adjustable positive VCOM buffer, and DAC-adjustable negative VCOM buffer.
The EV kit operates from +6V to +16V or +3V to +5.5V DC supply voltage ranges. The EV kit’s default input range is configured to +6V to +16V. The buck converter (VCC3) is configured for a +3.3V output providing at least 2A. The boost converter (VSH) is configured for a +7V output providing at least 200mA. The Cuk converter (VSL) is configured for a -7V output providing at least 100mA. The positive gate-voltage linear regulator (VGH) is configured for a +12V output providing at least 20mA. The negative gate-voltage linear-regulator controller (VGL) is configured for a -12V output providing at least 20mA. The negative VCOM buffer (VCOML) is DAC adjustable between -1V and +1V and can source or sink 10mA. The positive VCOM buffer (VCOMH) is DAC adjustable between +2.5V and +4.5V and can source or sink 100mA.
The EV kit provides an on-board USB interface circuit to communicate with the SPI interface circuits in the MAX16927 IC.
The EV kit also includes Windows® 2000-, Windows XP®-, and Windows Vista®-compatible software that provides the user interface for exercising the features of the IC. The program is menu driven and offers a graphical user interface (GUI).
- Automotive Central Information Displays
- Automotive Dashboards
- Automotive Navigation Systems
Features & Benefits
- +6V to +16V Single-Supply Operation
- +3V to +5.5V Single-Supply Operation
- Output Voltages
- +3.3V Output at 2A (VCC3 Buck Converter)
- +7V Output at 200mA (VSH Boost Converter)
- -7V Output at 100mA (VSL Cuk Converter)
- +12V Output at 20mA (VGH Positive Gate-Voltage Linear Regulator)
- -12V Output at 20mA (VGL Negative Gate-Voltage Linear-Regulator Controller)
- DAC-Controlled VCOM Buffers
- -1V to +1V DAC-Adjustable VCOML (±10mA), or
- +2.5V to +4.5V DAC-Adjustable VCOMH (±100mA)
- 2.1MHz PWM Switching Frequency (Buck Converter)
- 1.2MHz PWM Switching Frequency (Boost and Cuk Converters)
- All Output Voltages are Resistor Adjustable (Except for the Buck Converter)
- On-Board USB Interface Circuit Generates SPI-Compatible Signals
- USB-PC Connection and Power (Cable Included)
- PCB Header for User-Supplied SPI-Compatible Signals
- Evaluates the MAX16927GTM/V+ in a 48-Pin TQFN (7mm x 7mm x 0.8mm) Package with an Exposed Pad
- Windows 2000-, Windows XP-, and Windows Vista (32-Bit)-Compatible Software
- Fully Assembled and Tested
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.