Features and Benefits
- Low Supply Current: < 5µA (typ) at 3V Over Temperature
- Precision Factory-Set VCC Monitoring Threshold for 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V, and 5V Supplies
- Fixed/Pin Programmable or Resistor-Adjustable Pushbutton Setup Delay
- Up to 2 Reset Outputs and 2 Debounced Pushbutton Inputs
- Guaranteed Active-Low RESET Valid for VCC Down to 0.95V
- Active-Low RESET Output (Push-Pull or Open-Drain)
- Immune to Short Power-Supply Transients
- 0.86mm x 1.25mm 6-Bump WLP Package
- -40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
The MAX16122–MAX16125 pushbutton controllers with single-supply monitors monitor one or two pushbuttons and generate a hard reset signal if the buttons are pushed and held for a setup delay. The devices make it easy to "hide" the hard reset function in an existing pushbutton, such as a soft power switch. These devices operate from 1.6V to 5.5V and consume a quiescent current of only 5µA at 3V.
The MAX16122–MAX16125 have pin programmable or resistor-adjustable setup delay. Connect the SEL pin to GND, VCC, or leave it unconnected to select the different setup delays (depending on part suffix, see Table 1a in the full data sheet) or connect an external resistor from SEL to GND to set the setup delays (E suffix only, see Table 1b in the full data sheet).
The MAX16124/MAX16125 have one manual reset input (active-low MR), a reset output (active-low RESET), and a soft reset output (active-low SRESET) which mirrors the state of the input. The MAX16122/MAX16123 have two identical manual reset inputs (active-low MR1 and active-low MR2) and one reset output (active-low RESET). A deglitch block is connected to each input to add a delay to the falling edge with a fixed deglitch period of 20ms (tDB).
The devices feature a comparator that monitors the input supply voltage. A variety of factory-trimmed threshold options accommodate different supply voltages and tolerances, eliminating external components. The factory-set reset thresholds range from 1.58V to 4.63V to monitor 5V, 3.3V, 2.5V, and 1.8V supplies.
The MAX16122–MAX16125 are offered in a tiny 0.86mm x 1.25mm, 6-bump WLP package and are specified over the automotive temperature range (-40°C to +125°C).
- Ebook Readers
- Glucose Monitors/Patient Monitors
- Portable Instrumentation
- Portable/Battery-Powered Equipment
- Tablet PCs
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.