Product Lifecycle Obsolete
The models in this product family are no longer available.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX15301 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a proven application circuit design for the MAX15301 digital DC-DC controller integrated circuit (IC). The EV kit allows the user to easily modify and test the EV kit with different operating conditions. The EV kit can be used as a standalone board if desired. However, to take full advantage of the IC’s capability, the user must connect the EV kit to a PC with the Maxim PowerTool MAXPOWERTOOL002# USB-to-PMBus™ interface dongle and then control and monitor the EV kit with Maxim’s digital PowerTool graphical user interface (GUI) software. The PowerTool GUI allows a PC to control the PMBus interface and to collect real-time data from the EV kit. The PowerTool is Windows XP®, Windows Vista®, and Windows®7 compatible. It provides a simple interface for exercising the features of the IC.
The EV kit ships with the MAX15301AA02+CJK installed, but can also be used to evaluate other pin-compatible MAX15301xxxx ICs with replacement of U1. Request a free sample when ordering the EV kit.
- Base-Station Equipment
- Graphic Cards
- Power Modules
- Storage Systems
Features & Benefits
- InTune™ Digital Point-of-Load (PoL) Switched-Mode Power Supply (SMPS) Controller
- Digital State-Space Control
- Dual-Edge-Modulated Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM)
- 300kHz to 1MHz Switching Frequency
- 5V to 14V Input Voltage Range Using Linear Mode
- 6.5V to 14V Input Voltage Range Using BabyBuck Mode
- 0.6V to 3.3V Output Voltage Range
- 25A Output Current Capability
- Pin-Strap or PMBus Configuration
- SMB Connectors for Low-Noise Measurements
- Connectors for Multiple-Rail Evaluation
- PMBus Interface for Control and Monitoring
The EV kit requires the use of the MAXPOWERTOOL002# which is not included and must be purchased separately.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.