Product Lifecycle Obsolete
The models in this product family are no longer available.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The MAX15049 evaluation kit (EV kit) is a fully assembled and tested PCB that demonstrates the capabilities of the MAX15049. The MAX15049 is a high-performance, triple-output synchronous buck controller with sequencing capability. The EV kit requires a 5V to 16V (12V, typ) DC input-voltage range for normal operation.
The MAX15049 EV kit outputs are configured for 3.3V, 1.8V, and 1.2V. They provide a load current of 3A, 3A, and 6A, respectively. The EV kit's switching frequency is set to 500kHz, but can be programmed up to 1.2MHz by replacing a resistor. The EV kit comes configured for sequencing (MAX15049) and is capable of prebias startup. The EV kit can also be used to evaluate the MAX15048 for tracking applications by changing a few components. The PGOOD logic signal output pad is provided for circuit monitoring.
The MAX15049 EV kit comes with a MAX15049ETJ+ installed. To evaluate the MAX15048, contact the factory for samples of the pin-compatible MAX15048ETJ+.
- ASIC/CPU/DSP Core and I/O Voltages
- Base-Station Power Supplies
- DDR Power Supply
- Point-of-Load DC-DC Converters
- RAID Control Power Supplies
- Set-Top Boxes
- Telecom and Networking Power Supplies
Features & Benefits
- Triple-Output Power Supply
- VOUT1 (3.3V, 3A)
- VOUT2 (1.8V, 3A)
- VOUT3 (1.2V, 6A)
- 5.5V to 16V Input-Voltage Operation (Design Optimized for 12V Input)
- Optional 4.5V to 5.5V Input-Voltage Operation
- 500kHz Switching Frequency per Converter
- Programmable Switching Frequency Up to 1.2MHz
- Sequencing Operation (Tracking Possible with Component Changes)
- PGOOD Power Monitoring
- Small 1.5in x 1in Circuit Footprint
- 92.8% Peak Efficiency for OUT1
- Fully Assembled and Tested
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.