Features and Benefits
- Unique Architecture Allows Dynamic Regulation of Input Voltage, Output Voltage or Current
- Operates with External Gate Drivers and MOSFETs
- VHIGH Voltages Up to 100V; VLOW Voltages Up to 60V
- Synchronous Rectification: Up to 98% Efficiency
- ADI-Proprietary Advanced Current Mode Control
- ±1% Voltage Regulation Accuracy Overtemperature
- Accurate, Programmable Inductor Current Monitoring and Bidirectional Regulation
- SPI Compliant Serial Interface
- Operation Status and Fault Report
- Programmable VHIGH, VLOW Margining
- Phase-Lockable Frequency: 60kHz to 750kHz
- Optional Spread Spectrum Modulation
- Multiphase/Multi-ICs Operation Up to 24 Phases
- Selectable CCM/DCM/Burst Mode Operation
- Thermally Enhanced 48-Lead LQFP Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualification in Progress
The LTC7872 is a high performance bidirectional buck or boost switching regulator controller that operates in either buck or boost mode on demand. It regulates in buck mode from VHIGH-to-VLOW and boost mode from VLOW-to-VHIGH depending on a control signal, making it ideal for 48V/12V automotive dual battery systems. An accurate current programming loop regulates the maximum current that can be delivered in either direction. The LTC7872 allows both batteries to supply energy to the load simultaneously by driving energy from either battery to the other.
Its proprietary constant frequency current mode architecture enhances the signal-to-noise ratio enabling low noise operation and provides excellent current matching between phases. Additional features include an SPI-compliant serial interface, discontinuous or continuous mode of operation, OV/UV monitors, independent loop compensation for buck and boost operation, accurate inductor current monitoring and overcurrent protection.
The LTC7872 is available in a 48-lead 7mm × 7mm LXE package.
- Automotive 48V/12V Dual Battery Systems
- Backup Power Systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.