Features and Benefits
- Dual Buck Plus Single Boost Synchronous Controllers
- Low Operating IQ:
- 14μA (14V to 3.3V, Channel 1 On)
- Outputs Remain in Regulation Through Cold Crank Down to 1V Input Supply Voltage
- Wide Bias Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 40V
- Buck and Boost Output Voltages up to 40V
- Pass-Thru™ Operation: 100% Duty Cycle for Boost Synchronous MOSFET
- RSENSE or DCR Current Sensing
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (100kHz to 3MHz)
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (100kHz to 3MHz)
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping, or Low
- Ripple Burst Mode Operation at Light Loads
- Very Low Buck Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Low Shutdown IQ: 1.5μA
- Small 38-Lead 5mm × 7mm QFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Automotive Qualification in Process
The LTC7817 is a high performance triple output (buck/buck/boost) synchronous DC/DC switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFET stages. Its constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable switching frequency of up to 3MHz. The LTC7817 operates from a wide 4.5V to 40V input supply range. When biased from the output of the boost converter or another auxiliary supply, the LTC7817 can operate from an input supply as low as 1V after start-up. The very low no-load quiescent current extends operating run time in battery powered systems. OPTI-LOOP® compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC7817 features a precision 0.8V reference for the bucks, 1.2V reference for the boost and a power good output indicator.
The LTC7817 synchronous boost Pass-Thru capability minimizes losses in automotive start-stop applications.
- Automotive and Transportation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.