Features and Benefits
- 2-Phase Operation Reduces Required Input and Output Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- Synchronous Operation for Highest Efficiency and Reduced Heat Dissipation
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 40V, Operates Down to 1V After Start-Up
- Output Voltage Up to 40V
- Low Operating Quiescent Current: 18μA
- PassThru™ Operation: 100% Duty Cycle Capability for Synchronous MOSFET
- RSENSE or Inductor DCR Current Sensing
- Spread Spectrum Operation
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (100kHz to 3MHz)
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (100kHz to 3MHz)
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping, or Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- Input Current Monitor Output
- Internal LDO Powers Gate Drive from VBIAS or EXTVCC
- Low Shutdown IQ: 1.5μA
- Side Wettable 28-Lead 4mm × 5mm QFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Automotive Qualification in Process
The LTC7806 is a high performance 2-phase single output synchronous boost converter controller that drives two N-channel power MOSFET stages out-of-phase. Its constant-frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable switching frequency of up to 3MHz. High frequency 2-phase operation reduces input and output capacitor requirements and allows the use of smaller inductors compared to the single-phase equivalent. Synchronous rectification increases efficiency, reduces power losses, and eases thermal requirements, simplifying high power boost applications. The synchronous PassThru capability also minimizes losses in automotive start-stop applications.
The LTC7806 operates from a wide 4.5V to 40V input supply range. When biased from the boost converter output, the LTC7806 can operate from an input supply as low as 1V after start-up. The very low no-load quiescent current extends operating run time in battery powered systems. OPTI-LOOP® compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC7806 features a precision 1.2V reference, a power good output indicator, and an inductor current monitor.
- Automotive and Transportation
- Audio and RF Power Amplifiers
- Industrial and Medical
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2951A is a boost regulator featuring the LTC7806. The DC2951A operates from a 6V to 36V input voltage range and generates 24V, 10A output from a 12V input. When VIN ≥ 24V, VOUT follows VIN. Also, the LTC7806 has precision voltage reference, which can generate an output voltage with 2% tolerance over the full operating conditions. The 350kHz switching frequency operation results in small and efficient circuit. The converter achieves over 95% efficiency with 10A load. The demonstration circuit can be easily modified to regulate different output voltages.
The DC2951A provides a high performance cost-effective solution for generating output voltages up to 36V from inputs as low as 5V.
The LTC7806 data sheet gives a complete description of this part, its operation and application information and must be read in conjunction with the demo manual.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.