Features and Benefits
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 40V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V to 99% • VIN
- Low Operating IQ: 14μA (14V to 3.3V, Channel 1 On)
- Spread Spectrum Operation
- RSENSE or DCR Current Sensing
- Out-of-Phase Controllers Reduce Required Input
- Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (100kHz to 3MHz)
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (100kHz to 3MHz)
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping, or Low Ripple, Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitors
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Internal LDO Powers Gate Drive from VIN or EXTVCC
- Low Shutdown IQ: 1.5μA
- Small 28-Lead 4mm × 5mm QFN Package
The LTC7802 is a high performance dual step-down synchronous DC/DC switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFET stages. Constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable switching frequency of up to 3MHz. The LTC7802 operates from a wide 4.5V to 40V input supply range. Power loss and supply noise are minimized by operating the two controller output stages out-of-phase.
The very low no-load quiescent current extends operating runtime in battery powered systems. OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC7802 features a precision 0.8V reference and power good output indicators. The MODE pin selects among Burst Mode operation, pulse-skipping mode, or continuous inductor current mode at light loads.
The LTC7802 additionally features spread spectrum operation which significantly reduces the peak radiated and conducted noise on both the input and output supplies, making it easier to comply with electromagnetic interference (EMI) standards.
- Automotive and Transportation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.