Features and Benefits
- 70A Peak Output Current per Channel
- SilentMOS™ Smart Power Stage
- Utilizes Low EMI/EMC Silent Switcher®2 Architecture
- Ultra-low SW-Voltage Overshoot
- Frequency Up to 2MHz
- VIN Up to 14V
- Up to 94% Efficiency at 1MHz with 1.8VOUT
- Integrated Boost Diodes and Capacitors
- Accurate Switch Current Monitoring
- Power MOSFET Overcurrent Protection
- Input Overvoltage and Bias Undervoltage Protection Thermal Monitor with Overtemperature Flag
- 3.3V/5V Compatible Tri-State PWM Input
- 5mm × 8mm LQFN Package
The LTC7050 dual monolithic power stage fully integrates high speed drivers with low resistance half-bridge power switches plus comprehensive monitoring and protection circuitry in an electrically and thermally optimized package. With a suitable high frequency controller, this power stage forms a compact, high current volt-age regulator system with state-of-the-art efficiency and transient response.
SilentMOS technology utilizes second generation Silent Switcher 2 architecture reducing both EMI and switch-node voltage overshoot while maximizing efficiency at high switching frequencies.
High speed current sensing provides low latency switch current information, enabling tight current balancing and immediate overcurrent protection. Thermally-enhanced packaging provides dual 40A rated continuous output current capability.
- High Current Servers and Workstations
- Networking/Telecom Microprocessor Supplies
- Small Form-Factor POL Converter
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.