Features and Benefits
- Power Management and Control for Two SIM Cards or Smart Cards
- Independent 1.8V/3V VCC Control for Both Cards
- Supports Simultaneous Powering of Both Cards
- Fast Channel Switching
- Automatic Level Translation
- Dynamic Pull-Ups Deliver Fast Signal Rise Times*
- Built-In Fault Protection Circuitry
- Automatic Activation/Deactivation Sequencing Circuitry
- Low Operating/Shutdown Current
- > 10kV ESD on SIM Card Pins
- Meets EMV Fault Tolerance Requirements
- Low Proﬁ le 20-Lead (3mm × 3mm) QFN Package
The LTC4558 provides the power conversion and signal level translation needed for advanced cellular telephones to interface with 1.8V or 3V subscriber identity modules (SIMs). The device meets all requirements for 1.8V and 3V SIMs and contains LDO regulators to power 1.8V or 3V SIM cards from a 2.7V to 5.5V input. The output voltages can be set using the two voltage selection pins and up to 50mA of load current can be supplied. A channel select pin determines which channel is open for communication. Separate enable pins for each channel allow both cards to be powered at once and allow for faster transition from one channel to the other.
Internal level translators allow controllers operating with supplies as low as 1.4V to interface with 1.8V or 3V Smart Cards. Battery life is maximized by a low operating current of 65µA and a shutdown current of less than 1µA. Board area is minimized by the low proﬁ le 3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm leadless QFN package.
- GSM, TD-SCDMA and other 3G+ Cellular Phones
- Wireless Point-of-Sale Terminals
- Multiple SIM Card Interfaces
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.