Features and Benefits
- Power Management and Signal Level Translators for Two SIM Cards or Smart Cards
- Independent 1.8V/3V VCC Control for Both Cards
- Automatic Level Translation
- ISO7816, ETSI and EMV Compatible
- Dynamic Pull-Ups Deliver Fast Signal Rise Times*
- Built-In Fault Protection Circuitry
- Automatic Activation/Deactivation Sequencing Circuitry
- Low Operating/Shutdown Current
- >10kV ESD on SIM Card Pins
- Compatible with EMV Fault Tolerance Requirements
- Available in 16-Lead (3mm x 3mm) QFN Package
The LTC4557 provides power conversion and signal level translation needed for 2.5G and 3G cellular telephones to interface with 1.8V or 3V subscriber identity modules (SIMs). The part meets all requirements for 1.8V and 3V SIMs. The part contains LDO regulators to power 1.8V or 3V SIM cards from a 2.7V to 5.5V input. The output voltages can be set using the two voltage selection pins and up to 50mA of load current can be supplied.
Internal level translators allow controllers operating with supplies as low as 1.2V to interface with 1.8V or 3V smart cards. Battery life is maximized by a low operating current of less than 100µA and a shutdown current of less than 1µA. Board area is minimized by the low profile 3mm x 3mm x 0.75mm leadless QFN package.
- GSM and 3G Cellular Phones
- Wireless P.O.S. Terminals
- Multiple SAM Card Interface
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.