Features and Benefits
- Bidirectional Buffer for Display Data Channel (DDC)
- Compliant with HDMI Specifi cation Version 1.3 DDC Capacitance Requirement
- Level Translation Between 3.3V and 5V
- ±5kV Human Body Model ESD Protection
- 60mV Buffer Offset Independent of Load
- Compatible with Non-Compliant VOL I2C Devices
- Isolates Input SDA and SCL Line from Output
- Compatible with I2C™, I2C Fast Mode and SMBus
- READY Open-Drain Output
- High Impedance SDA, SCL Pins for VCC = 0V
- Small 8-Lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN and 8-Lead MSOP Packages
The LTC4307-1 is a 2-wire bus buffer that provides capacitance buffering between input and output. The HDMI specification requires that devices have less than 50pF of input capacitance on their DDC bus lines. The LTC4307-1’s capacitance buffering feature, in conjunction with its sub-10pF data and clock input capacitance, allows HDMI components to easily meet the 50pF requirement and tolerate high capacitance on the internal bus.
The LTC4307-1 also provides level-shifting between 3.3V and 5V systems to allow lower voltage HDMI transmitters, receivers and EEPROM to interface to the 5V DDC bus. READY is an open-drain digital output flag that indicates whether or not the input and output busses are connected and can interface to the HDMI hot plug detect (HPD) signal. When driven high, the ENABLE digital input allows the LTC4307-1 to connect after a stop bit or bus idle. Driving ENABLE low breaks the connection between the input and output busses.
- 3.3V/5V Level Translation
- Capacitance Buffer/Bus Extender
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
LTC4307-1 Companion Parts
Recommended µModule Isolator
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.