Features and Benefits
- Level Translates 1V Signals to Standard 3.3V and 5V Logic Rails
- Allows Bus Pull-Up Voltages as Low as 1V on SDAIN and SCLIN
- Bidirectional Buffer* for SDA and SCL Lines Increases Fanout
- Prevents SDA and SCL Corruption During Live Board Insertion and Removal from Backplane
- Isolates Input SDA and SCL Line from Output
- 10kV Human Body Model ESD Protection
- Supports Clock Stretching, Arbitration and Synchronization
- High Impedance SDA, SCL Pins for VCC = 0V
- CS Gates Connection from Input to Output
- Compatible with I2C™, I2C Fast Mode and SMBus Standards (Up to 400kHz Operation)
- Small 8-Pin MSOP and DFN (3mm x 3mm) Packages
The LTC4301L hot swappable, 2-wire bus buffer allows I/O card insertion into a live backplane without corruption of the data and clock busses. In addition, the LTC4301L SDAIN and SCLIN pins are compatible with systems with pull-up voltages as low as 1V. Control circuitry prevents the backplane from being connected to the card until a stop bit or a bus idle is present. When the connection is made, the LTC4301L provides bidirectional buffering, keeping the backplane and card capacitances isolated.
When driven low, the CS input pin allows the part to connect after a stop bit or bus idle occurs. Driving CS high breaks the connection between SCLIN and SCLOUT and between SDAIN and SDAOUT. A logic high on READY indicates that the backplane and card sides are connected together.
The LTC4301L is offered in 8-pin DFN (3mm x 3mm) and MSOP packages.
- Hot Board Insertion
- Capacitance Buffer/Bus Extender
- Desktop Computers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTC4301L Companion Parts
Recommended µModule Isolator
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.