Features and Benefits
- 4-Switch Current Mode Single Inductor Architecture Allows VIN Above, Below or Equal to VOUT
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 150V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 1.2V ≤ VOUT ≤ 150V
- Synchronous Rectification: Up to 99% Efficiency
- ±1% 1.2V Voltage Reference
- Input or Output Average Current Limit
- On-Board LDO or External NMOS LDO for DRVCC
- 36V EXTVCC LDO Powers Drivers
- Programmable 6V to 10V DRVCC Optimizes Efficiency
- No Top FET Refresh Noise in Boost or Buck Mode
- VOUT Disconnected from VIN During Shutdown
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency (50kHz to 600kHz)
- No Reverse Current During Start-Up
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- 150V Rated RUN Pin with Accurate Turn-On Threshold
- Programmable Input Overvoltage Lockout
- Thermally Enhanced FE38 TSSOP Package Modified for High Voltage Operation
The LTC3779 is a high performance buck-boost switching regulator controller that operates from input voltages above, below or equal to the output voltage. The constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phaselockable frequency of up to 600kHz, while an input/output constant current loop provides support for battery charging.
With a wide 4.5V to 150V input and output range and seamless transfers between operating regions, the LTC3779 is ideal for automotive, telecom and batterypowered systems.
The LTC3779 features a precision 1.2V reference and power good output indicator. The MODE pin can select between pulse-skipping mode or forced continuous mode of operation. Pulse-skipping mode offers high efficiency at light load while forced continuous mode operates at a constant frequency for noise sensitive applications. The PLLIN pin allows the IC to be synchronized to an external clock. The SS pin ramps the output voltage during start-up. Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short-circuit conditions.
- Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Military, Avionics
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2456A is a high voltage, high efficiency synchronous buck-boost DC/DC converter with a 16V to 120V input voltage range. It can supply a 10A maximum load current with a 48V output. The demo board features the LTC3779EFE controller. The constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 600kHz, while an optional output current feedback loop provides support for applications such as battery charging. With a wide input range, wide output range and seamless transfers between operation modes, the LTC3779 is ideal for Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Military and Avionics applications.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Technical Articles (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.