Features and Benefits
- Output Stages Operate Antiphase
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- 6-Bit IMVP-IV VID Code: VOUT = 0.7V to 1.708V
- Intel Compatible Power Saving Mode (PSIB)
- Stage Shedding Improves Low Current Efficiency
- Power Good Output with Adaptive Masking
- Lossless Voltage Positioning
- Dual Input Supply Capability for Load Sharing
- Resistor Programmable VOUT at Boot-Up and Deeper Sleep State
- Resistor Programmable Deep Sleep Offset
- Programmable Fixed Frequency: 210kHz to 550kHz
- Adjustable Soft-Start Current Ramping
- Foldback Output Current Limit
- Short-Circuit Shutdown Timer with Defeat Option
- Overvoltage Protection
- Available in 36-Lead SSOP (0.209 Wide) and 38-Lead (5mm × 7mm) Packages
The LTC3735 is a 2-phase synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFETs in a constant frequency architecture. The output voltage is programmable by six VID bits during normal operation and by external resistors during initial boot-up and deeper sleep state. The LTC3735 drives its two output stages out-of-phase at frequencies up to 550kHz to minimize the RMS ripple currents in both input and output capacitors. This antiphase technique also doubles the apparent switching frequency, improving the transient response while operating each phase at an optimum frequency for efficiency. Thermal design is further simplified by cycle-by-cycle current sharing between the two phases.
An Intel compatible PSIB input is provided to select between two modes of operation. Fully enhanced synchronous mode achieves a very small output ripple and very fast transient response while power saving mode realizes very high efficiency. OPTI-LOOP® compensation allows the transient response to be optimized for a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values.
- Mobile and Desktop Computers
- Internet Servers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.