Features and Benefits
- High Efficiency Operation: 1x, 1.5x or 2x Boost Modes with Automatic Mode Switching
- Ultralow Dropout ILED Current Control
- Output Current up to 700mA
- Low Noise Constant Frequency Operation*
- Wide VIN Range: 2.9V to 4.4V
- Open/Shorted LED Protection
- LED Disconnect in Shutdown
- Low Shutdown Current: 2.5µA
- 4% LED Current Programming Accuracy
- Automatic Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
- No Inductors
- Tiny Application Circuit (All Components <1mm Profile)
- 3mm × 3mm 10-Lead DFN Package
The LTC3215 is a low noise, high current charge pump DC/DC converter designed to power high current LEDs. The part includes an accurate programmable current source capable of driving loads up to 700mA from a 2.9V to 4.4V input. Low external parts count (two flying capacitors, one programming resistor and two bypass capacitors) makes the LTC3215 ideally suited for small, battery powered applications.
Built-in soft-start circuitry prevents excessive inrush current during start-up. High switching frequency enables the use of small external capacitors. LED current is programmed with an external resistor. The LED is disconnected from VIN during shutdown.
An ultralow dropout current source maintains accurate LED current at very low ILED voltages. Automatic mode switching optimizes efficiency by monitoring the voltage across the LED current source and switching modes only when ILED dropout is detected. The LTC3215 is available in a low profile 3mm × 3mm 10-Lead DFN package.
- LED Torch/Camera Light Supply for Cell Phones, PDAs and Digital Cameras
- General Lighting and/or Flash/Strobe Applications
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (3)
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.