Features and Benefits
- 9 Selectable Supply Voltages
- 12V, 5V, 3.3V, 2.5V, 1.8V, 1.5V, 1.2V, 1V, +ADJ (0.5V)
- 3 Selectable Tolerances
- –5%, –10%, –15% (LTC2917)
- Manual Reset Input (LTC2918)
- 1.5V to 5.5V Supply Operation
- Adjustable Watchdog Timeout
- Windowed Watchdog Timeout for Higher Reliability Applications (LTC2917-B, LTC2918-B)
- 6.2V Shunt Regulator for High Voltage Operation
- Guaranteed Operation to 125°C
- Guaranteed Threshold Accuracy: ±1.5%
- Low Quiescent Current: 30µA Typical
- Power Supply Glitch Immunity
- Guaranteed RST for VCC ≥ 0.8V
- 10-Lead MSOP Packages and (3mm × 2mm) DFN Packages
The LTC2917-A/LTC2917-B and LTC2918-A/LTC2918-B are low voltage single-supply monitors with selectable thresholds and an adjustable watchdog timer. The parts operate from 1.5V to 5.5V and consume a quiescent current of only 30µA.
Two three state inputs select one of nine internally programmed thresholds without the need for external resistors. For the LTC2917, an additional three state input determines the tolerance (–5%, –10%, –15%). The tolerance for the LTC2918 is fixed at –5%. Threshold accuracy is guaranteed at ±1.5% over the entire operating temperature range. Glitch filtering ensures reliable reset operation without false triggering.
The reset timeout and the watchdog timeout may be set with no external components, or adjusted using an external capacitor. A windowed watchdog feature is available for high-reliability applications (B1 versions). A separate manual reset input on the LTC2918-A/LTC2918-B allows a simple push button interface.
Operation to 125°C makes the LTC2917-A/LTC2917-B and LTC2918-A/LTC2918-B suitable for automotive ap- plications.
- Handheld Devices
- Cell Phone Base Stations
- Automotive Control Systems
- Network Servers
- Optical Networking Systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.