Features and Benefits
- 1Msps Throughput
- ±3LSB INL (Maximum, ±10.24V Range)
- Guaranteed 18-Bit, No Missing Codes
- Differential, Wide Common Mode Range Inputs
- 8-Channel Multiplexer with SoftSpan Input Ranges:
- ±10.24V, 0V to 10.24V, ±5.12V, 0V to 5.12V
- ±12.5V, 0V to 12.5V, ±6.25V, 0V to 6.25V
- 96.7dB Single-Conversion SNR (Typical)
- −109dB THD (Typical) at fIN = 2kHz
- 118dB CMRR, 125dB Active Crosstalk (Typical)
- Rail-to-Rail Input Overdrive Tolerance
- Programmable Sequencer with No-Latency Control
- Guaranteed Operation to 125°C
- Integrated Reference and Buffer (4.096V)
- SPI CMOS (1.8V to 5V) and LVDS Serial I/O
- No Pipeline Delay, No Cycle Latency
- 180mW Power Dissipation (Typical)
- 48-Lead (7mm × 7mm) LQFP Package
The LTC2335-18 is an 18-bit, low noise 8-channel multiplexed successive approximation register (SAR) ADC with differential, wide common mode range inputs. Operating from a 5V low voltage supply, flexible high voltage supplies, and using the internal reference and buffer, this SoftSpan™ ADC can be configured on a conversion-by-conversion basis to accept ±10.24V, 0V to 10.24V, ±5.12V, or 0V to 5.12V signals on any channel. Alternately, the ADC may be programmed to cycle through a sequence of channels and ranges without further user intervention.
The wide input common mode range and 118dB CMRR of the LTC2335-18 analog inputs allow the ADC to directly digitize a variety of signals, simplifying signal chain design. This input signal flexibility, combined with ±3LSB INL, no missing codes at 18 bits, and 96.7dB SNR, makes the LTC2335-18 an ideal choice for many high voltage applications requiring wide dynamic range.
The LTC2335-18 supports pin-selectable SPI CMOS (1.8V to 5V) and LVDS serial interfaces.
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Industrial Process Control
- Power Line Monitoring
- Test and Measurement
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2412A shows the proper way to drive the LTC2335 ADC. The LTC2335 is a low noise, high speed, 8-channel 16-/18-bit successive approximation register (SAR) ADC. The LTC2335 has a flexible SoftSpan™ interface that allows conversion-by-conversion control of the input voltage span on a per-channel basis. An internal 2.048V reference and 2× buffer simplify basic operation while an external reference can be used to increase the input range and the SNR of the ADC.
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.