Features and Benefits
- Eight Buffered Multiplexed Channels
- 800ksps Throughput
- 500pA/12nA Maximum Input Leakage at 85°C/125°C
- ±1LSB INL (Maximum ±10.24V Range)
- Guaranteed 16-Bit, No Missing Codes
- Differential, Wide Common Mode Range Inputs
- 8-Channel Multiplexer with SoftSpan Input Ranges:
- ±10.24V, 0V to 10.24V, ±5.12V, 0V to 5.12V
- ±12.5V, 0V to 12.5V, ±6.25V, 0V to 6.25V
- 94.2dB Single-Conversion SNR (Typical)
- −110dB THD (Typical) at fIN = 2kHz
- 128dB CMRR, –125dB Active Crosstalk (Typical)
- 420ns Step Response (Full-Scale, 0.005% Settling)
- Rail-to-Rail Input Overdrive Tolerance
- Programmable Sequencer with No-Latency Control
- Integrated Reference and Buffer (4.096V)
- SPI CMOS (1.8V to 5V) and LVDS Serial I/O
- 268mW Power Dissipation (Typical)
- 48-Lead (7mm × 7mm) LQFP Package
The LTC2333-16 is a 16-bit, low noise 8-channel multiplexed successive approximation register (SAR) ADC with buffered differential, wide common mode range picoamp inputs. Operating from a 5V low voltage supply, flexible high voltage supplies, and using the internal reference and buffer, this SoftSpan™ ADC can be configured on a conversion-by-conversion basis to accept ±10.24V, 0V to 10.24V, ±5.12V, or 0V to 5.12V signals on any channel. Alternately, the ADC may be programmed to cycle through a sequence of channels and ranges without further user intervention.
The integrated picoamp-input analog buffers, wide input common mode range and 128dB CMRR of the LTC2333- 16 allow the ADC to directly digitize a variety of signals using minimal board space and power. This input signal flexibility, combined with ±1LSB INL, no missing codes at 16 bits, and 94.2dB SNR, makes the LTC2333-16 an ideal choice for many high voltage applications requiring wide dynamic range.
The LTC2333-16 supports pin-selectable SPI CMOS (1.8V to 5V) and LVDS serial interfaces.
- Direct Sensor Measurement
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Industrial Process Control
- Test and Measurement
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2365A highlights the LTC2358 family of buffered input ADCs. The LTC2358/LTC2357/LTC2353/LTC2333 are low noise, high speed, 16-/18bit successive approximation register (SAR) ADCs with integrated front end buffers. These ADCs accept a wide common mode range. Pico-amp inputs and high CMRR enable these ADCs to connect directly to a wide range of sensors without compromising measurement accuracy. The following text refers to the LTC2358-18 but applies to all parts in the family, the only differences being the number of bits, number of channels and the maximum sample rate. The LTC2358-18 has a flexible SoftSpan™ interface that allows conversion-by-conversion control of the input voltage span on a per-channel basis. An internal 2.048V reference and 2X buffer simplify basic operation while an external reference can be used to increase the input range and the SNR of the ADC.
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
Linduino is Analog Devices’ Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code for our integrated circuits.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.