Features and Benefits
- Compatible with ISO7816-3 and EMV Electrical Specifications
- Power Management and Control for Two Smart Cards
- Control/Status Serial Port May Be Daisychained for Multicard Applications
- Automatic Shutdown on Electrical Faults
- Buck/Boost Charge Pump Generates 5V, 3V or 1.8V Outputs (Smart Card Classes A, B and C)
- Independent 5V/3V/1.8V Level Control for Both Cards
- Automatic Level Translation
- Supervisory Functions Prevent Smart Card Faults
- Low Operating Current: 250μA Typical
- Ultralow Shutdown Current
- >10kV ESD on Smart Card Pins
- Small 32-Lead 5mm × 5mm QFN Package
The LTC1955 provides all necessary supervisory and power control functions for two smart cards, two S.A.M. cards or a combination of S.A.M. and smart cards. It provides a charge pump for battery-powered applications as well as all necessary level shifting circuitry.
The card voltages can be independently set to 1.8V, 3V or 5V. Both card interfaces include a card detection channel with automatic debounce circuitry. To reduce wiring costs, the LTC1955 interfaces to a microcontroller via a simple 4-wire serial interface. Multiple devices may be connected in daisychain fashion so that the number of wires to the card socket board is independent of the number of sockets. Status data is returned over the same interface.
Extensive security features ensure proper deactivation sequencing in the event of a supply fault or a smart card electrical fault. The smart card pins can withstand greater than 10kV ESD in-situ with no additional components.
The LTC1955 is available in a low profile (0.75mm) 5mm × 5mm QFN package.
- Handheld Payment Terminals
- Pay Telephones
- ATM Machines
- POS Terminals
- Computer Keyboards
- Multiple S.A.M. Sockets
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.