Features and Benefits
- Very Low Dropout:
- 90mV at 150mA
- 30mV at 50mA (LTC1844-3.3)
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.6V to 6.5V
- Low 35µA Supply Current, Even in Dropout
- Low Noise: 60µVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- ±1.75% Voltage Accuracy Over Temperature, Voltage and Current Ranges
- Fast Transient Response
- 10nA Supply Current in Shutdown
- Fixed Output Voltages: 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 2.8V, 3.3V
- Adjustable Output Voltage: 1.25V to 6V
- Output Current Limit
- Reverse-Battery and Reverse-Current Protection
- No Protection Diodes Needed
- Stable with 1µF Output Capacitor
- Stable with Ceramic Capacitors
- Short-Circuit and Thermal Overload Protection
- Low Profile (1mm) SOT-23 Package
The LTC1844 Series are low noise VLDO™ (very low dropout) linear regulators designed for low power/portable applications. These regulators can operate from input voltages as low as 1.6V. Typical output noise is only 30µVRMS and typical dropout for the LTC1844-3.3 is just 90mV at the maximum load current of 150mA, reducing to 30mV at 50mA.
The internal P-channel MOSFET pass transistor requires no base current, allowing the device to draw only 35µA during normal operation, independent of the dropout voltage and load current. The quiescent current falls to a negligible 10nA during shutdown.
Other features include high output voltage accuracy, excellent transient response, stability with ultralow ESR ceramic capacitors as small as 1µF, reverse-battery and reverse-current protection, short-circuit and thermal overload protection and output current limiting.
The LTC1844 regulators are available in a low profile (1mm) SOT-23 (ThinSOT™) package.
- Portable Instruments and Battery-Powered Systems
- Bluetooth/802.11 Cards
- Cellular Phones
- PDAs and Notebook Computers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.