Features and Benefits
- Two 0.4Ω/300mA N-Channel Switches
- Available in MS8 and SO-8 Packages
- SMBus and I2C Compatible
- 0.6V VIL and 1.4V VIH for DATA and CLK
- Low Standby Current: 14µA
- Separate Drain Connection to SW0
- Three Addresses from One Three-State Address Pin
- Independent Control of Up to Six Switches
- Built-In Power-On Reset Timer
- Built-In Undervoltage Lockout
The LTC1710 SMBus dual switch has two built-in 0.4Ω/300mA switches that are controlled by a 2-wire SMBus interface. With a low standby current of 14µA (3.3V), the LTC1710 operates over an input voltage range of 2.7V to 5.5V while maintaining the SMBus specified 0.6V VIL and 1.4V VIH input thresholds.
Using the 2-wire interface, CLK and DATA, the LTC1710 follows SMBus’s Send Byte Protocol to independently control the two 0.4Ω internal N-channel power switches, which are fully enhanced by on-board charge pumps.
The LTC1710 has one three-state programmable address pin that allows three different addresses for a total of six available switches on the same bus. The LTC1710 also features a separate user-controlled drain supply (SW0D) to Switch 0 so that it can be used to control SMBus peripherals using a different power supply.
- Handheld Computer Power Management
- Computer Peripheral Control
- Laptop Computer Power Plane Switching
- Portable Equipment Power Control
- Industrial Control Systems
- ACPI SMBus Interface
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.