Features and Benefits
- SMBus and I2C Compatible
- Built-In Charge Pumps Drive N-Channel Switches
- 16 Available Switches on the Same Bus
- 0.6V VIL and 1.4V VIH for DATA and CLK
- Available in 8-Lead MSOP and S0 Packages
- Low Standby Current: 14µA
- Eight Addresses from Two Three-State Address Pins
- Internal Power-On Reset Timer
- Internal Undervoltage Lockout
- No Need for External Pull-Up Resistors at Output
- No Need for Secondary Power Source
The LTC1623 SMBus switch controller is a slave device that controls two high-side N-channel MOSFETs on either the SMBus or the I2C bus. The LTC1623 operates with an input voltage from 2.7V to 5.5V with a low standby current of 14µA (at 3.3V). In accordance with the SMBus specification, the LTC1623 maintains the 0.6V VIL and 1.4V VIH input thresholds throughout the supply voltage range.
Using the 2-wire interface, CLK and DATA, the LTC1623 monitors the bus for a start condition (DATA going from high to low while CLK is high). Once detected, the LTC1623 compares its address with the first (address) byte sent over the bus from the master. If matched, the LTC1623 will execute the second (command) byte from the master and independently control the built-in charge pumps to drive two external switches.
The LTC1623 has two three-state programmable address pins, thus allowing eight different addresses and a total of sixteen available switches on the same bus.
- Computer Peripheral Control
- Laptop Computer Power Plane Switching
- Portable Equipment Power Control
- Industrial Control Systems
- Handheld Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.