Features and Benefits
- Sample Rate: 250ksps
- Single 5V Supply
- Bipolar Input Range: ±10V
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 90dB Typ
- Power Dissipation: 75mW Typ
- Guaranteed No Missing Codes
- Integral Nonlinearity: ±2.0LSB Max
- Operates with Internal or External Reference
- Internal Synchronized Clock
- 28-Pin SSOP and SO Packages
- 100ksps Version (LTC1605)
- Improved 2nd Source to AD976A and ADS7805
- Available in 28-Lead Plastic SSOP and SO Packages
The LTC1606 is a 250ksps, sampling 16-bit A/D converter that draws only 75mW (typical) from a single 5V supply. This easy-to-use device includes sample-and-hold, precision reference, switched capacitor successive approximation A/D and trimmed internal clock.
The LTC1606's input range is an industry standard ±10V. Maximum DC specs include ±2.0LSB INL and 16 bits no missing codes over temperature. An external reference can be used if greater accuracy over temperature is needed.
The 90dB signal-to-noise ratio offers an improvement of 3dB over competing devices, and the RMS transition noise is reduced (0.65LSB vs 1LSB) relative to competitive parts.
The ADC has a microprocessor compatible, 16-bit or two byte parallel output port. A convert start input and a data ready signal (BUSY) ease connections to FIFOs, DSPs and microprocessors.
- Industrial Process Control
- Multiplexed Data Acquisition Systems
- High Speed Data Acquisition for PCs
- Digital Signal Processing
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
Software & Systems Requirements
LTC1606 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.