Features and Benefits
- Complete Power Path Management for Two Batteries, DC Power Source, Charger and Backup
- Compatible with Li-Ion, NiCd, NiMH and Lead-Acid Battery Chemistries
- “3-Diode” Mode Ensures Power is Available under “Cold Start” Conditions
- All N-Channel Switching Reduces Power Losses
- Capacitor and Battery Inrush Current Limited
- Independent Charging and Monitoring of Two Battery Packs
- New, Small Footprint, 36-Lead SSOP Package
The LTC1479 is the “heart” of a total power management solution for single and dual battery notebook computers and other portable equipment. The LTC1479 directs power from up to two battery packs and a DC power source to the input of the main system switching regulator. It works in concert with related LTC power management products (e.g. LTC1435, LT1511, etc.) to create a total system solution; starting from the batteries and the DC power source, and ending at the input of each of the computer’s complex loads. A system-provided power management µP monitors and actively directs the LTC1479.
The LTC1479 uses low loss N-channel MOSFET switches to direct power from three main sources. An adaptive current limiting scheme reduces capacitor and battery inrush current by controlling the gates of the MOSFET switches during transitions. The LTC1479 interfaces directly to the LT1510, LT1511 and LT1620/LTC1435 battery charging circuits.
- Notebook Computer Power Management
- Portable Instruments
- Handheld Terminals
- Portable Medical Equipment
- Portable Industrial Control Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.