Features and Benefits
- Dual Outputs LTC1143, LTC1143L: 3.3V, 5V LTC1143L-ADJ: Dual Adjustable
- Very High Efficiency: Over 95% Possible
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- High Efficiency Maintained over Three Decades of Output Current
- Low Standby Current at Light Loads: 160µA/Output
- Logic-Controlled Shutdown (LTC1143, LTC1143L)
- Wide VIN Range: 3.5V to 16V (LTC1143L, LTC1143L-ADJ)
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Available in Narrow 16-Pin SO Package
Product DetailsThe LTC1143 series is a dual step-down switching regulator controller featuring automatic Burst Mode™ operation to maintain high efficiencies at low output currents. This device is composed of two separate regulator blocks, each driving an external power MOSFET at switching frequencies up to 400kHz using a constant off-time current mode architecture. Both fixed and adjustable voltages are available.
The operating current level for both regulators is user-programmable via an external current sense resistor. Wide input supply range allows operation from 4V to 14V (16V maximum). The LTC1143L and LTC1143L-ADJ extend operation to VIN = 3.5V. 100% duty cycle provides low dropout regulation limited only by the RDS(ON) of the external MOSFET and resistance of the inductor and current sense resistor.
The LTC1143 series is ideal for applications requiring dual output voltages with high conversion efficiencies over a wide load current range in a small amount of board space.
- Personal Digital Assistants
- Notebook and Palmtop Computers
- Battery-Operated Digital Devices
- Portable Instruments
- DC Power Distribution Systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.