Features and Benefits
- Silent Switcher®2 Architecture:
- Ultralow EMI on Any PCB
- Eliminates PCB Layout Sensitivity
- Internal Bypass Capacitors Reduce Radiated EMI
- Optional Spread Spectrum Modulation
- 2A DC from Each Channel Simultaneously
- Up to 3A on Either Channel
- Ultralow Quiescent Current Burst Mode® Operation:
- 6.2μA IQ Regulating 12VIN to 5VOUT1 and 3.3VOUT2
- Output Ripple < 10mVP–P
- Optional External VC Pin: Fast Transient Response
- Forced Continuous Mode
- High Efficiency at High Frequency
- 94.1% Efficiency at 1A, 5VOUT from 12VIN at 2MHz
- Pin-Selectable Fixed Output Voltages: 5V, 3.3V, 1.8V
- Fast Minimum Switch-On Time: 30ns
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.0V to 42V
- Adjustable and Synchronizable: 300kHz to 3MHz
- Fixed Output Pin Strap Options
- Internal 2MHz fSW with Fast Internal Compensation
- Small 4mm × 3mm 20-Pin LQFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Automotive Qualification in Progress
The LT8653S is a dual step-down regulator that delivers up to 2A of continuous current from both channels and supports loads up to 3A from each channel. The LT8653S features the second generation Silent Switcher architecture to minimize EMI emissions while delivering high efficiency at high switching frequencies. This includes integration of bypass capacitors to optimize high frequency current loops and make it easy to achieve advertised EMI performance by eliminating layout sensitivity.
The fast, clean, low overshoot switching edges enable high efficiency operation even at high switching frequencies, leading to a small solution size with wide control loop bandwidth for fast transient response. Burst Mode operation enables ultralow standby current consumption or forced continuous mode can be used to control frequency harmonics across the entire output load range. The LT8653S is a full featured, customizable voltage regulator, but also has several pin strap options to select internal 2MHz switching frequency, internal compensation and internal feedback resistor divider options to create a simple, compact two output voltage regulator with only five external components.
- General Purpose Step-Down
- Automotive and Industrial Supplies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.