Features and Benefits
- Silent Switcher®2 Architecture:
- Ultralow EMI on Any PCB
- Eliminates PCB Layout Sensitivity
- Internal Bypass Capacitors Reduce Radiated EMI
- Optional Spread Spectrum Modulation
- 4A DC from Each Channel Simultaneously
- Up to 6A on Either Channel
- Ultralow Quiescent Current Burst Mode® Operation:
- 6.2μA IQ Regulating 12VIN to 5VOUT1 and 3.3VOUT2
- Output Ripple <10mVP-P
- Optional External VC Pin: Fast Transient Response and Current Sharing (Extra 50µA IQ/Channel)
- Forced Continuous Mode
- High Efficiency at High Frequency
- 94.6% Efficiency at 2A, 5VOUT from 12VIN at 2MHz
- 93.3% Efficiency at 4A, 5VOUT from 12VIN at 2MHz
- Fast Minimum Switch-On Time: 40ns
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.0V to 42V
- Adjustable and Synchronizable: 300kHz to 3MHz
- Small 4mm × 6mm 32-Pin LQFN Package
The LT®8650S-1 is a dual step-down regulator that delivers up to 4A of continuous current from both channels and supports loads up to 6A from each channel. The LT8650S-1 features the second generation Silent Switcher architecture to minimize EMI emissions while delivering high efficiency at high switching frequencies. This includes integration of bypass capacitors to optimize high frequency current loops and make it easy to achieve advertised EMI performance by eliminating layout sensitivity.
The LT8650S-1 is the H-grade version of the LT8650S. The internal capacitors are X8R type to achieve the 150°C rating. This requires the use of an external boost capacitor between the BST and SW nodes.
Burst Mode operation features a 6.2μA quiescent current resulting in high efficiency at low output currents, forced continuous mode allows fixed switching frequency operation over the entire output load range, and spread spectrum operation can further reduce EMI emissions. External VC pins allow optimal loop compensation for fast transient response. The VC pins can also be used for current sharing and the CLKOUT pin enables synchronizing two LT8650S-1 chips to generate a 4-phase, 16A supply.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.