Features and Benefits
Silent Switcher®2 Architecture
- Ultralow EMI Emissions on Any PCB
- Eliminates PCB Layout Sensitivity
- Internal Bypass Capacitors Reduce Radiated EMI
- Optional Spread Spectrum Modulation
- High Efficiency at High Frequency
- Up to 95.5% Efficiency at 1MHz, 12VIN to 5VOUT
- Up to 93% Efficiency at 2MHz, 12VIN to 5VOUT
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3V to 42V
- 15A Output Current
- Low Quiescent Current Burst Mode® Operation
- 100μA IQ Regulating 12VIN to 5VOUT
- Output Ripple < 10mVP-P
- External Compensation: Fast Transient Response and Current Sharing
- Fast Minimum Switch On-Time: 25ns
- Low Dropout Under All Conditions: 35mV at 1A
- Forced Continuous Mode
- Adjustable and Synchronizable: 200kHz to 2.2MHz
- Output Soft-Start and Power Good
- Safely Tolerates High Reverse Current
- Small 36-Lead 7mm × 4mm LQFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualification in Progress
The LT8648S synchronous step-down regulator features second generation Silent Switcher architecture designed to minimize EMI emissions while delivering high efficiency at high switching frequencies. This includes the integration of input and boost capacitors to optimize all the fast current loops inside and make it easy to achieve advertised EMI performance by reducing layout sensitivity. This performance makes the LT8648S ideal for noise sensitive applications and environments.
The fast, clean, low overshoot switching edges enable high efficiency operation even at high switching frequencies, leading to a small overall solution size. Peak current mode control with a 25ns minimum on-time allows high step down ratios even at high switching frequencies. External compensation via the VC pin allows for fast transient response at high switching frequencies. The VC pin also enables current sharing and a CLKOUT pin enables synchronizing other regulators to the LT8648S.
Burst Mode operation enables low standby current consumption, forced continuous mode can control frequency harmonics across the entire output load range, or spread spectrum operation can further reduce EMI emissions. Soft-start and tracking functionality is accessed via the SS pin, and an accurate input voltage UVLO threshold can be set using the EN/UV pin.
- Automotive and Industrial Supplies
- General Purpose Step-Down
All registered trademarks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Protected by U.S. patents, including 8823345.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.