Features and Benefits
- Silent Switcher® Architecture
- Ultralow EMI Emissions
- Optional Spread Spectrum Modulation
- High Efficiency at High Frequency
- Up to 96% Efficiency at 1MHz, 12VIN to 5VOUT
- Up to 95% Efficiency at 2MHz, 12VIN to 5VOUT
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.4V to 42V
- 6A Maximum Continuous, 7A Peak Output
- External Compensation: Fast Transient Response and Current Sharing (LT8643S-2)
- Fast Minimum Switch On-Time: 30ns
- Ultralow Quiescent Current Burst Mode® Operation
- 2.5μA IQ Regulating 12VIN to 3.3VOUT (LT8640S-2)
- Output Ripple < 10mVP-P
- Low Dropout Under All Conditions: 100mV at 1A
- Forced Continuous Mode
- Adjustable and Synchronizable: 200kHz to 3MHz
- Output Soft-Start and Tracking
- Small 24-Lead 4mm × 4mm LQFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
The LT8640S-2/LT8643S-2 synchronous step-down regulator features Silent Switcher architecture designed to minimize EMI emissions while delivering high efficiency at high switching frequencies. Peak current mode control with a 30ns minimum on-time allows high step-down ratios even at high switching frequencies. The LT8643S-2 has external compensation to enable current sharing and fast transient response at high switching frequencies.
Burst Mode operation enables ultralow standby current consumption, forced continuous mode can control frequency harmonics across the entire output load range, or spread spectrum operation can further reduce EMI emissions.
- Automotive and Industrial Supplies
- General Purpose Step-Down
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.