Features and Benefits
- 4-Switch Single Inductor Architecture Allows VIN Above, Below or Equal to VOUT
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- Proprietary Peak-Buck Peak-Boost Current Mode
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 60V
- Wide VOUT
- ±4% LED Current Accuracy
- 2000:1 External and 128:1 Internal PWM Dimming
- 10V High Side PMOS PWM Switch Driver
- No Top MOSFET Refresh Noise in Buck or Boost
- Adjustable and Synchronizable: 350kHz to 2MHz
- Flicker-Free Spread Spectrum for Low EMI
- Open and Short LED Protection with Fault Reporting
- AEC-Q100 Qualification in Progress
The LT8393 is a synchronous 4-switch buck-boost LED controller that regulates LED current from input voltage above, below, or equal to the output voltage. The proprietary peak-buck peak-boost current mode control scheme allows adjustable and synchronizable 350kHz to 2MHz fixed frequency operation, or internal 25% triangle spread spectrum operation for low EMI. With 4V to 60V input, 0V to 100V output, and seamless low noise transitions between operation regions, the LT8393 is ideal for LED driver and battery charger applications in automotive, industrial, and battery-powered systems.
The LT8393 provides both internal (up to 128:1) and external (up to 2000:1) LED current PWM dimming with 10V of high side PMOS gate drive. The CTRL pin provides flexible 20:1 analog dimming with ±3% LED current accuracy at 100mV full scale. Fault protection is provided to detect an open or short LED condition, during which the LT8393 retries, latches off, or keeps running.Applications
- Automotive Head Lamps/Running Lamps
- High Voltage LED Lighting
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.