Features and Benefits
- 4-Switch Single Inductor Architecture Allows VIN Above, Below or Equal to VOUT
- Up to 98% Efficiency
- Proprietary Peak-Buck Peak-Boost Current Mode
- Wide VIN Range: 3V (Need EXTVCC ≥ 4.5V) to 60V
- ±1.5% Output Voltage Accuracy: 1V ≤ VOUT ≤ 60V
- ±4% Input or Output Current Accuracy with Monitor
- Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation for Low EMI
- Integrated Bootstrap Diodes
- Adjustable and Synchronizable: 150kHz to 650kHz
- VOUT Disconnected from VIN During Shutdown
- Available in 28-Lead TSSOP with Exposed Pad and 28-Lead QFN (4mm × 5mm)
The LT8392 is a synchronous 4-switch buck-boost DC/ DC controller that regulates output voltage, input or output current from input voltage above, below, or equal to the output voltage. The proprietary peak-buck peak-boost current mode control scheme allows adjustable and synchronizable 150kHz to 650kHz fixed frequency operation, or internal ±15% triangle spread spectrum operation for low EMI. With 3V to 60V input voltage range, 1V to 60V output voltage capability, and seamless low noise transitions between operation regions, the LT8392 is ideal for voltage regulator, battery and super-capacitor charger applications in automotive, industrial, telecom, and even battery-powered systems.
The LT8392 provides input or output current monitor and power good flag. Fault protection function detects output short-circuit condition, during which the LT8392 retries, latches off, or keeps running.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.