Features and Benefits
- 2% LED Current Regulation
- 2.5% Output Voltage Regulation
- 50,000:1 PWM Dimming at 100Hz
- 512:1 Internal PWM Dimming
- Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation
- Silent Switcher Architecture for Ultralow EMI
- Operates in Boost, Buck Mode and Buck-Boost Mode
- 4V to 56V Input Voltage Range
- Up to 52V LED String Voltage
- Adaptive Peak Switch Current Limit Up to 5A for Low VIN
- 200kHz to 2MHz with SYNC Function
- Analog or Duty Cycle LED Current Control
- Open/Short LED Protection and Fault Indication
- Small 28-Lead 4mm × 5mm LQFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
The LT8386 is a monolithic, synchronous, step-up DC-to-DC converter that utilizes fixed frequency, peak current control and provides PWM dimming for a string of LEDs. The LED current is programmed by an analog voltage or digital pulses at the CTRL pin. The LT8386 will maintain 2% current regulation through an external sense resistor over a wide range of output voltages.
The LT8386 features Silent Switcher® technology designed to minimize EMI/EMC emissions with high efficiency. The switching frequency is programmable from 200kHz to 2MHz by an external resistor at the RT pin or by an external clock applied at the SYNC/SPRD pin. With the optional spread spectrum frequency modulation enabled, the frequency varies from 100% to 125% to reduce EMI.
The LT8386 includes a driver for an external high side PMOS for PWM dimming. The 60V rated LT8386 is pin-to-pin compatible with the LT3922 and LT3922-1.
- Automotive and Industrial Lighting
- Heads Up Display (HUD)/Machine Vision
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.