Features and Benefits
- Two independent High Voltage LED Driver Controllers Channels
- 128:1 Internal Exponential PWM Dimming
- Two-Pin Multiplying Analog Dimming (CH2)
- Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation
- 20,000:1 External PWM Dimming at 100Hz
- Rail-to-Rail LED Current Sensing: 0V to 120V
- ±2% LED Current Regulation
- ±2% Output Voltage Regulation
- LED Short/Open Protection and Indication
- Wide Input Voltage Range (5V to 60V)
- PMOS Switch Driver for PWM and Output Disconnect
- Independent Channel Dimming
- Constant-Voltage and Constant-Current Regulation
- Adjustable Switching Frequency 100kHz to 2MHz
- Independent OPEN/SHORT LED FAULT per channel
- Programmable VIN UVLO with Hysteresis
- Side Solderable 28-Lead 4mm × 5mm QFN Package
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
The LT8355-1 a dual-channel DC/DC controller designed to drive two strings of high current LEDs. The fixed frequency, current mode architecture results in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages. Voltage feedback pins serve as the inputs for several LED protection features and makes it possible for the converters to operate as a constant-voltage sources.
The LT8355-1 senses output current at the high or low side of the load. The product of CTRL2 and IADJ2 inputs provides analog programming of the output current for channel 2. Channel 1 output current is programmed through CTRL1 input. The PWM input and PWMTG high side PMOS driver provides precision time-based LED dimming capability. When driven by an external digital signal, the PWM input provides LED dimming ratios of up to 20,000:1 at 100Hz. When driven by a constant voltage, the PWM input selects from one of 128 internally generated, precision, exponentially spaced dimming ratios ranging from 0.78% up to 100%.
- High Voltage LED Applications
- Automotive Head Lamps/Running Lamps
- Accurate Current Limited Voltage Regulator
All registered trademarks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Protected by U.S. patents, including 7199560, 7321203, 7746300, 8116045.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.