New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Silent Switcher®2 Architecture: Enables Compact, Efficient, low EMI Solution
- PMBus/I2C Serial Interface
- Telemetry Read Back Includes VOUT, IOUT, VIN, Die Temperature, Faults
- Programmable Voltage, Current Limit, Digital Soft-Start/Stop, Sequencing, UV/OV, Phase, Frequency (Up to 4MHz), Loop Compensation
- Integrated EEPROM with Fault Event Log
- Key Parameters May Be Set by Configuration Resistors for Operation without Programming
- ±0.25% Output Voltage Accuracy Over Temperature for 0.6V to 1.375V
- PolyPhase Load Sharing for Up to Eight Phases
- Wide VIN Range: Down to 2.9V, or 1.5V with EXTVCC
- Up to 95% Efficiency at 1MHz, 12VIN to 3.3VOUT
- VOUT Range 0.4V to 5.5V (Up to 0.85 • VIN)
- Differential Remote VOUT Sense
- External Frequency Synchronization
- 40-lead (5mm × 7mm) LQFN Package
The LT7182S is a dual-output monolithic PolyPhase DC/DC synchronous step-down regulator. It can deliver up to 6A of continuous current from both channels simultaneously and can support loads up to 8A from either channel. The LT7182S features the second generation Silent Switcher® architecture with integrated VIN bypass capacitors for fast, clean, low-overshoot switching edges delivering high efficiency at high switching frequencies while minimizing EMI emissions.
The I2C-based PMBus 1.3 compliant serial interface enables control of device functions and provides telemetry information for system monitoring. The LT7182S is supported by the LTpowerPlay® graphical user interface tool.
Output voltage, frequency, phase, and device address can be configured using resistors for operation without programming. Settings may also be written via the serial interface and/or stored in EEPROM.
The controlled on-time valley current mode control architecture with 20ns (typical) minimum on-time enables high switching frequency at low output voltage with excellent transient response in a small overall solution size.
- Communications, Storage, and Industrial Systems
- Data Center and Solid State Drive Power Supplies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.