Features and Benefits
- Eight Independent 15V/110mΩ NMOS Switches
- Controls LED Dimming of Strings Up to 54V
- I2C Serial Interface with Programmable Address
- I2C Packet Error Checking with CRC-8
- Programmable 256:1 (8-Bit) PWM Dimming
- 11-Bit Precision Exponential Fade with Programmable Time
- Independent On/Off Control for Each Switch
- Programmable Shorted/Open LED Threshold with Fault Reporting
- Internal PWM Signal Generator
- Programmable Watchdog Timer
- Accurate VIN Referred Enable Pin
- User Defined Power-Up/Reset State of Switches
- Thermally Enhanced TSSOP Package
The LT3967 is an LED bypass switching device for dimming individual LEDs in a string using a common current source. It features eight individually controlled floating source 15V/110mΩ NMOS switches. The eight switches can be connected in parallel and/or in series to bypass current around LEDs in a string. The LT3967 uses the I2C serial interface to communicate with a microcontroller. Each of the eight channels can be independently programmed to bypass the LED string in constant on or off, or PWM dimming with or without fade transition. Using the programmable fade option provides 11-bit resolution exponential transition between PWM dimming states. The LT3967 provides an internal clock generator and also supports an external clock source for PWM dimming. The LT3967 reports fault conditions for each channel such as open LED and shorted LED. The four address pins allow 16 LT3967 devices to share the I2C bus and define the power-up state of the switches.
- Automotive LED Headlight Clusters
- Large LED Displays
- RGBW Color Mixing Lighting
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.