Features and Benefits
- Ideal for CCD, LCD, LED Backlight and OLED Applications
- Easy Generation of 15V (50mA), –8V (100mA) and 20V (20mA) from a Li-Ion Cell
- VIN Range: 2.5V to 6V
- Wide Output Ranges: Up to 32V for the Boosts and Up to –32V for the Inverter
- Output Disconnect for the Boost Channels
- Boost3 Allows Voltage Programming and/or Current Programming for a ‘One Wire Current Source’
- Overload Fault Protection with Fault I/O Pin Indicator
- Combined Soft-Start and Enable Pins
- Small 20-Pin 3mm × 3mm QFN Package
The LT3587 provides a one-chip solution for applications requiring two positive and one negative high voltage supplies.The LT3587 input voltage range of 2.5V to 6V makes it ideal for various battery-powered systems.
A single resistor programs each of the three output voltage levels and the output current of Boost3. The intelligent soft-start allows for sequential soft-start of the Boost1 output followed by the negative output with a single capacitor. Internal sequencing circuitry also disables the inverter until the Boost1 output has reached 87% of its final value.
The LT3587 integrates all the power switches, soft-start, and output-disconnect circuits into a small 3mm × 3mm QFN package. This high level of integration combined with small external components makes the LT3587 ideal for space constrained applications.
- Digital Still and Video Cameras
- Scanner and Display Systems
- PDA, Cellular Phones and Handheld Computers
- LED Backlight and OLED Display Drivers
- CCD Imager Bias
- General High Voltage Supply Bias
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LT Journal (4)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.