Features and Benefits
- Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 26V
- 0.8V to 24V Output Voltage Range
- High Output Current
- 6.5A with VOUT = 5V, VIN > 6V
- 3A with VOUT = 5V, VIN = 3V
- 6.5A with VOUT = 12V, VIN > 14V
- 4 A with VOUT = 12V, VIN = 9V
- Ultralow Noise Buck-Boost Architecture
- Programmable Output Current Limit
- Programmable Frequency Range: 400kHz to 2MHz
- Accurate Enable Comparator Threshold
- Burst Mode® Operation, No-Load IQ = 35μA
- Current Mode Control
- External Clock Synchronization
- Maximum Power Point Control
- 28-Lead 4mm × 5mm LQFN Package
The LT3120 is a high efficiency 26V monolithic buck-boost converter. Extensive feature integration and very low resistance internal power switches minimize the total solution footprint for even the most demanding applications. A proprietary 4-switch PWM architecture provides seamless low noise operation from input voltages above, equal to, or below the output voltage.
External frequency programming as well as synchronization using an internal PLL enable operation over a wide switching frequency range of 400kHz to 2MHz. The wide 2.5V to 26V input range is well suited for operation from unregulated power sources including battery stacks and backup capacitors. After start-up, operation is possible with input voltages as low as 500mV.
Other features include, output short-circuit protection, thermal overload protection, less than 3μA shutdown current, power good indicator, Burst Mode operation, and maximum power point control.
The LT3120 is offered in thermally enhanced 28-lead 4mm × 5mm LQFN package.
- RF Power Supply
- USB Power Delivery
- System Backup Power Supply
- 1-Cell to 5-Cell Lithium Battery Powered Products
- Wide Input Range Power Supply
- Lead Acid to 12V Regulator
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.