Features and Benefits
- Dual, Independent 2.5A Outputs
- Dropout Voltage: 80mV
- Low Output Noise: 12µVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Digitally Programmable VOUT: 0.6V to 2.5V
- Output Tolerance: ±1.25%/±1.5% Over Load, Line and Temperature
- Analog Output Margining: ±10% Range
- Parallel Multiple Devices for Higher Current
- Programmable Precision Current Limit: ±7%
- Output Current Monitor: IMON = IOUT/3000
- High Frequency PSRR: 30dB at 1MHz
- Stable with Ceramic Output Capacitors (10µF Minimum)
- VIOC Pin Controls Buck Converter to Maintain Low Power Dissipation and Optimize Efficiency
- PWRGD/UVLO Flags
- Current Limit and Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Temperature Monitor
- 36-Lead 4mm × 7mm QFN Package
The LT3072 is a low voltage, UltraFast™ transient response, dual channel linear regulator. The device supplies up to 2.5A per channel with a typical dropout voltage of 80mV. A 0.1µF reference bypass capacitor decreases output voltage noise to 12µVRMS. The wide bandwidth and high PSRR permit the use of small ceramic capacitors, saving bulk capacitance and cost. The LT3072 is ideal for high performance FPGAs, microprocessors and sensitive RF communication supply applications.
Independent output voltages are digitally selectable in 50mV increments from 0.6V to 1.2V and in 100mV increments from 1.2V to 2.5V. Output current monitors provide diagnostics and program the precision current limit. The LT3072 incorporates a unique tracking feature (VIOC) to control the upstream buck regulator(s) powering the inputs. VIOC adaptively servos the buck regulator to maintain the LT3072 input-to-output voltage differential to 300mV at maximum load and 450mV at light load, minimizing power dissipation with less input capacitance. Internal protection circuitry includes UVLO, OVLO, reverse-current protection, current limiting and thermal shutdown. The LT3072 is available in a low profile (0.75mm) 36-lead 4mm × 7mm QFN package.
- FPGA, DSP and Microprocessor Power Supplies
- Low Noise RF Power Supplies
- High-Speed Servers and Storage Devices
- Post Buck Regulation and Supply Isolation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.