New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Ultra-low output RMS noise: 1.0 μV rms (10 Hz to 100 kHz)
- Ultra-low output noise spectral density: 3 nV/√Hz at 10 kHz
- Ultra-low 1/f noise: 8 μV p-p (0.1 Hz to 10 Hz)
- Ultra-high PSRR: 80 dB at 1 MHz
- Output current: 1 A
- Wide input voltage range: 2.2 V to 20 V
- Single capacitor improves noise and PSRR
- SET pin current: 100 μA, ±0.5% initial accuracy
- VIOC pin to manage power dissipation
- Single resistor programs output voltage
- Programmable current limit
- Low-dropout voltage: 310 mV
- Output voltage range: 0.2 V to 15 V
- Programmable power good
- Fast start-up capability
- Precision enable/UVLO
- Parallelable for lower noise and higher current
- Internal current limit with foldback
- Minimum output capacitor: 2 parallel 10 μF ceramic
- Compact, low profile, 14-lead, 4 mm × 3 mm, DFN package
The LT3041 is a high-performance, low-dropout linear regulator featuring Analog Devices, Inc., ultra-low noise and ultra-high power supply rejection ratio (PSRR) architecture for powering noise-sensitive applications. Designed as a precision-current reference followed by a high-performance voltage buffer, the LT3041 can be easily paralleled to further reduce noise, increase output current, and spread heat on the printed circuit board (PCB).
The LT3041 supplies 1 A at a typical 310 mV dropout voltage. The operating quiescent current is nominally 4.3 mA and drops to 18 μA in shutdown. The wide output voltage range (0.2 V to 15 V) of the LT3041 maintained by the unity-gain operation provides virtually constant output noise, PSRR, bandwidth, and load regulation, independent of the programmed output voltage. Additionally, the regulator features VIOC, programmable current limit, fast start-up capability, and programmable power good to indicate output-voltage regulation.
Built-in protection includes reverse-battery protection, reverse-current protection, internal current limit with foldback, and thermal limit with hysteresis. The LT3041 is available in a thermally enhanced, 14-lead 4 mm × 3 mm, DFN package.
- RF power supplies: phase-locked loops, voltage-controlled oscillators, mixers, low-noise amplifiers, and power amplifiers
- Low-noise instrumentation
- High-speed and high-precision data converters
- Medical applications: imaging and diagnostics
- Postregulator for switching supplies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The DC3158A evaluation board features the LT3041, a 20 V, 1 A, ultra-low noise and ultra-high power-supply rejection ratio (PSRR), low-dropout (LDO) linear regulator that incorporates voltage input-to-output control (VIOC) tracking. VIOC allows control of the upstream switching converter to maintain a constant voltage across the LT3041 and, therefore, minimizes power dissipation and maintains PSRR.
The DC3158A operates over an input voltage range of 3.8 V to 20 V. The LT3041 delivers a maximum output current of 1 A. In addition to featuring ultra-low noise and ultra-high PSRR, the regulator offers programmable power-good functionality and a programmable current limit. Current monitoring is also achieved by sensing the ILIM pin voltage.
Built-in protection includes reverse-battery protection, reverse-current protection, internal current limit with foldback and thermal limit with hysteresis.
For full details on the LT3041, see the LT3041 data sheet, which must be consulted with the user guide when using the DC3158A evaluation board.
The LT3041 of the DC3158A features a 14-lead, 3 mm × 4 mm, plastic DFN package with an exposed pad on the bottom side of the IC. Proper board layout is essential for maximum thermal performance.
Features & Benefits
- Input voltage range: 3.8 V to 20 V
- Resistor-programmed 3.32 V output voltage
- Maximum output current: 1 A
- BNC connectors for noise and PSRR measurement
- Resistor programmed power-good
- Resistor-programmable current limit, current monitoring, and UVLO
- VIOC to manage power dissipation and PSRR
- Thermally enhanced, 14-lead, 3 mm × 4 mm, DFN package
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.