Features and Benefits
- High Voltage: Operation Up to 60V
- High Current: N-Channel Drive Handles Up to 10,000pF Gate Capacitance
- Programmable Average Current Limiting
- 5V Reference Output with 10mA External Loading Capability
- Fixed Frequency Current Mode Operation
- Oscillator Synchronizable Up to 200kHz
- Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
- Programmable Start Inhibit for Power Supply Sequencing and Protection
- User Adjustable Slope Compensation
The LT1680 is a high power, current mode switching power supply controller optimized for boost topologies. The IC drives an N-channel MOSFET switch for DC/DC converter applications up to 60V input. A high current gate drive output handles up to 10,000pF gate capacitance, enabling the construction of high power DC/DC converters. Current sense common mode range up to 60V allows current sensing to be referenced to the input supply, eliminating the need for sense blanking circuits.
The LT1680 incorporates programmable average current limiting allowing accurate limiting of DC current in the magnetics, independent of ripple current. User adjustable slope compensation provides stable operation at duty cycles up to 90%.
The LT1680 operating frequency is programmable and can be synchronized up to 200kHz. Minimum off-time operation provides switch protection. The IC also incorporates a soft start feature that is gated by both shutdown and undervoltage lockout conditions.
- High Power Single Board Systems
- Distributed Power Converters
- Industrial Control Systems
- Lead-Acid Battery Back-Up Systems
- Automotive and Heavy Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.