Features and Benefits
- 4096 bits of EEPROM Memory Partitioned into 16 Pages of 256 Bits
- Seven Address Inputs for Physical Location Configuration
- Two General-Purpose PIO Pins with Pulse-Generation Capability
- Individual Memory Pages can be Permanently Write-Protected or put in OTP EPROM Emulation Mode ("Write to 0")
- Communicates to Host with a Single Digital Signal at 15.3kbps or 111kbps Using 1-Wire Protocol
- Parasitic or VCC Powered
- Conditional Search Based on PIO Status or PIO Activity
- Switchpoint Hysteresis and Filtering to Optimize Performance in the Presence of Noise
- Reads and Writes Over a Wide 2.8V to 5.25V Voltage Range from -40°C to +85°C
- 16-Pin, 150-mil SO Package
The DS28E04-100 is a 4096-bit, 1-Wire® EEPROM chip with seven address inputs. The address inputs are directly mapped into the 1-Wire 64-bit Device ID Number to easily enable the host system to identify the physical location or functional association of the DS28E04-100 in a multidevice 1-Wire network environment. The 4096-bit EEPROM array is configured as 16 pages of 32 bytes with a 32-byte scratchpad to perform write operations. EEPROM memory pages can be individually write protected or put in EPROM-emulation mode, where bits can only be changed from a 1 to a 0 state. In addition to the memory, the DS28E04-100 has two general-purpose I/O ports that can be used for input or to generate level and/or pulse outputs. Activity registers also capture port activity for state change monitoring. The DS28E04-100 communicates over the single-contact 1-Wire bus. The communication follows the standard Maxim 1-Wire protocol.
- Access Products, Optical Network Units, and PBXs
- Accessory/PCB Identification
- Autoconfiguration of Modular Systems such as Central-Office Switches, Cellular Base Stations, Access Products, Optical Network Units, and PBXs
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
DS28E04-100 Reliability Data1/12/2023
Easy Modifications to Sustain a Design with the DS2409 MicroLAN™ Coupler3/4/2011
1-Wire Software Resource Guide Device Description7/8/2008
How to Power the Extended Features of 1-Wire® Devices6/17/2008
1-Wire Master Device Configuration3/3/2004
1-Wire Communication Through Software5/30/2002
Guidelines for Reliable Long Line 1-Wire Networks11/16/2001
1-Wire File Structure7/11/2001
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.