Features and Benefits
- Dedicated Hardware-Accelerated SHA Engine for Generating SHA-1 MACs
- 112 Bytes User EEPROM for Storing End Equipment Property Data
- I²C Host Interface, Supports 100kHz and 400kHz Communication Speeds
- Three Address Inputs for I²C Address Assignment
- Single-Byte to 8-Byte EEPROM Write Sequences
- 64-Bit Unique Registration Number
- EEPROM Endurance: 200k Cycles per 8-Byte Block at 25°C
- 10ms max EEPROM Write Cycle
- Wide Operating Range: 2.7V to 5.5V, -40°C to +85°C
- ±4kV IEC 1000-4-2 ESD Protection Level on All Pins
- 8-Pin SO (150 mils) Package
The DS2460 SHA-1 Coprocessor with EEPROM is a hardware implementation of the ISO/IEC 10118-3 Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA-1), eliminating the need to develop software to perform the complex SHA computation required for authenticating SHA devices and for performing the validation of digitally signed service data. The DS2460 communicates with a microcontroller through the popular I²C interface. Applications include hosts of access control and electronic payment systems for token authentication and service data validation as well as generation of one-time-use encryption keys for short message encryption and decryption for messages not exceeding the length of a SHA-1 result, which is 20 bytes.
- Clone Prevention
- Door Locks
- License Management
- Secure Feature Control
- System Authentication
- Utility Meters
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
- Accessory and Peripheral Identification
- Equipment Registration and License Management
- Medical Sensor Authentication and Calibration
- Network Node Identification
- Printed Circuit Board Unique Serialization
- Printer Cartridge Configuration and Monitoring
- System Intellectual Property Protection
Features & Benefits
- Complete Development System for Applications Using Maxim SHA-1 Products
- Starter Kit Board Includes Maxim's DS2460, DS2482-100, DS28CN01, and DS28E01 Devices for Rapid Development
- Other and Future Maxim SHA-1 Authenticators Supported Through Expansion Ports
- Embedded Host Development Options Supported with PIC18F4550 µC and Xilinx XC3S400A FPGA
- PC Connectivity with RS-232 and USB 2.0
- JTAG Connector Mates to Xilinx Platform Cables Through a Single Ribbon Cable
- 120-Pin Expansion Port for FPGA
- In-Circuit Debugger Port for PIC18F4550
- 40-Pin Expansion Port for PIC18F4550 Periphery
- Extension Ports for I²C and 1-Wire Bus
- Jumper Configurable for µC or FPGA as I²C Master
- Jumper Configurable for µC, FPGA, DS2482-100, or External 1-Wire Bus Master
- Six General-Purpose Pushbuttons and Indicator LEDs
- LED Indicators for Power and FPGA Load Done
- Free Evaluation Software Available by NDA
Documentation & Resources
DS2460 Reliability Data1/12/2023
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|DS2460S+||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Small-Outline IC, Narrow (0.15in)|
|DS2460S+T&R||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Small-Outline IC, Narrow (0.15in)|
|Wafer Fabrication Data||DS2460 Reliability Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.