Features and Benefits
- 1024 Bits of EEPROM Memory Partitioned Into Four Pages of 256 Bits
- Individual Memory Pages Can Be Permanently Write Protected or Put in EPROM-Emulation Mode ("Write to 0")
- Switchpoint Hysteresis and Filtering to Optimize Performance in the Presence of Noise
- IEC 1000-4-2 Level 4 ESD Protection (+8kV Contact, +15kV Air, Typ)
- Reads and Writes Over a 4.5V to 5.25V Voltage Range from -40°C to +125°C
- Communicates to Host with a Single Digital Signal at 15.4kbps Using 1-Wire Protocol
- Meets AEC-Q100 Grade 1 Qualification Requirements
- Also Available as Standard Version for Industrial Temperature Range (DS2431)
The DS2431-A1 is an AEC-Q100 Grade 1 qualified version of the DS2431. The logical behavior of both versions is identical. The DS2431-A1 is a 1024-bit, 1-Wire® EEPROM chip organized as four memory pages of 256 bits each. Data is written to an 8-byte scratchpad, verified, and then copied to the EEPROM memory. As a special feature, the four memory pages can individually be write protected or put in EPROM-emulation mode, where bits can only be changed from a 1 to a 0 state. The DS2431-A1 communicates over the single-conductor 1-Wire bus. The communication follows the standard 1-Wire protocol. Each device has its own unalterable and unique 64-bit ROM registration number that is factory lasered into the chip. The registration number is used to address the device in a multidrop 1-Wire net environment.
- Accessory/PCB Identification
- Automotive Cable Assembly Identification
- Automotive Sensor Identification and Calibration Data Storage
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
DS2431-A1 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.